Friday, January 30, 2009

Children

There's a lot of cultural pressure to have kids and bequeath to them your endless mind-book of wisdom. I've considered this lately, and I don't think everyone should have kids. It's mostly an issue of parenting. People should only have kids if they really feel strongly about parenting, and are really convinced they'd be an amazing parent (and not out of cultural brainwashing). That way, maybe, there'd be a few less neglected children in the world that would grow up to be mature and reasonable adults (instead of warmongering, greedy and selfish idiots). It's quite simple.

Sometimes I fantasize about donating my eggs and spreading my genes around since I feel like a pretty reasonable person. Mostly to offset the number of kids produced in religious/conservative families, vs. the number of kids produced in more scientific/intellectual families.

2 comments:

mirthbottle said...

HAHA, don't flatter yourself

j/k, i would love to have your children...FOR DINNER

nono seriously, although i don't think i should donate my eggs. i think my progeny would have potential for good but also for evil, and i'd be worried.

I, Lynnbot said...

yea, that's true. i guess everyone has that potential. i wouldn't want evil babies running around.