Friday, June 20, 2008

HAHA Babies are IN

Article about teenage girls getting pregnant.

Just this week, 17-year-old TV star Jamie Lynn Spears, the unmarried sister of Britney Spears, gave birth. "Juno," a wry comedy about a 14-year-old girl who gets pregnant, was one of the most acclaimed movies of the year.

"Baby bumps get written about the same way designer handbags do. It's just one more lifestyle choice, just another personal expression: these shoes, this bump and that handbag," Brown said. "It's not surprising that teenage girls can get confused or even seduced by the allure of celebrity pregnancy."


Ugh...

Pro-life people were so happy about the movie "Juno," too.

1 comment:

I, Lynnbot said...

Yea I read somewhere that Knocked Up and Juno have like pro-life messages behind them, which scares me. Because I really liked Juno, and I liked Knocked Up too although I don't really have any desire to see it again. I guess the media is making it seem 'cool' to have a baby when you're young, just coz everyone's doing it. But yea right every young girl could make it through a pregnancy and child-bearing without mental traumas, or destroying the mental stability of their kids. I thought Juno was 17 or 18?? 14 is a little young...