Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Pro Business

I sent a message to the Obama campaign.

I just wanted to comment that I am really glad that Obama is taking a stand about being against the gas tax holiday.

I wanted to make a suggestion, though, for the pr and ads around this issue. In addition to refuting Clinton's assertions, which is being on the defense, I think we all need to talk about promising solutions such as describing the kinds of programs we'd want to fund.

For example, instead of focusing on how Obama will stand up to corporations, I think we should shift the focus on how we need to support the companies that we want. It's not about being against business. Of course we are all pro business. But we need businesses that are pro - America.


Today, my policy professor was talking about how regulation can stimulate innovation, and how we can make opportunities for new companies to displace the dinosaurs. Of course, the dinosaurs won't like this, but it's much more appealing to the average voter.

No comments: