Friday, February 15, 2008

synqor

This power electronics company called SynQor offered me a job. I think I'm going to take it.

About SynQor

The interviewing was intense. I was actually hoping to move west to CA, but this company is really cool so I guess I'm going to be moving a little bit west. Haha. It's located 30 min west of davis square. The founder and president of the company used to be an MIT professor, and he is one of the authors of my power electronics book. I was really surprised to get an offer right then and there. The veep also talked to me for a long time about the organization of the company and the rotational program they have for new employees, where they eventually train you to be an electrical design engineer over a 3-5 year period. This company is serious about mentoring and it's horizontal organization structure, which is really important for me. YAY

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!

...right?

--katie

Jim Shea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim Shea said...

Hi I have read Synqor's web page , and saw that they offer pre IPO options to qualified people. I was curious if they mentioned anything about their future plans for an Ipo. I feel that companies with stock attract the key players in the industry Thanks Jim !