Saturday, July 2, 2016

Data Intervention

Lately I've been thinking about how developments in data technology have helped responsible investing ideas and practices become more mainstream. Improving the collection and flow of information could be considered the essence of responsible investing.  More information makes it possible for investors to calculate risks and opportunities more accurately and on longer time-scales.  Then the financial markets can reward more responsible business practices and facilitate the spread of better practices.  Making ESG data more easily available could be considered a kind of policy intervention as opposed to command and control regulation or market incentives.  I wrote a blog post about this on my company blog.

I also did a short talk about it at Phage's fundraiser for Brainlove!  I made a simple website with the key points.

No comments: