Monday, October 6, 2008

yay npr

this american life did a pretty good show that had two economists try to explain the latest economic mess and the bailout in pretty simple terms.

Another Frightening Show About the Economy

I haven't been consistently following things, so I recognized a lot of terms that have been going around but didn't know what all of them were. This helped a lot of things make more sense to me.

The previous episode was also really interesting (act I, the first part is the best)

Going Big

it's about a comprehensive social program in harlem that's trying to bring an entire neighborhood of poor kids up differently so they have a better chance of a fresh start and getting out of poverty. I'm going to read the book about it too (when I find it in the library and punt my homework to read)

1 comment:

mirthbottle said...

yeah! me and toby listened to the first one, too! and i've heard of the harlem children's zone with canada. the breakthrough inst people are into him because of his comprehensive approach.